At NAPA, we work with a variety of medically complex patients every day, and we always take their personal health and safety very seriously. Like all paediatric and health care settings, we already take extra precautions to keep our patients and staff well, but we have taken additional steps to manage the current evolving COVID-19 situation.
Concerning the COVID-19 we want to reassure you that our current procedures in place are following the daily advice and information provided by the NSW Health authorities, and announcements made by the NSW government.
This may mean that the information below will be updated and may change, so we kindly request that all clients refer to this webpage, and all relevant announcements by your local government authority before attending the clinic or confirming travel arrangements.
TIPS FOR YOU TO STAY PROTECTED
- Handwashing with soap is your best self-defence against the spread of germs. Use the “20-second” rule for you and your children. As a backup, we have additional antibacterial hand sanitiser stations readily available to you and your child around our clinic.
- Wipe down your personal toys or any belongings you or your child uses during therapy before and after their therapy session. If you need additional sanitising wipes please ask your therapist or any NAPA team member.
- Please stay home if you, your child, or anyone in your household is not feeling well, especially if anyone displays a fever, are coughing or sneezing, are experiencing shortness of breath, display a rash, or any other illness symptoms. If you arrive to therapy or develop any of these symptoms in a session, you will be asked to leave the clinic until you are symptom-free for 72 hours. NAPA will require a medical certificate prior to returning. Your doctor may recommend a COVID-19 test. We will request a negative COVID-19 test notification before you will be allowed to return to therapy.
- All families are encouraged to practice safe social distancing. We have lots of room in our new parent’s room, but if you are wanting to spread out further, we invite you to take an empty treatment room or perhaps spend your break outside at the Cove Café or on our balcony area. We encourage your family to leave the clinic as soon as possible once your child’s therapy session is completed.
- Please be mindful of media reports on recent hotspots or outbreaks. Please do not come into the clinic if you currently live in, work in, have visited or been exposed to any of these areas in the lead up to your intensive.
- Help us keep our NAPA family safe by following all travel guidelines. Until further notice, we will be requiring a 14-day self-quarantine from all NAPA clinics for patients, families, and staff who have travelled overseas in the lead up to their intensive. If this applies to you and will affect your intensive dates, please contact us immediately. You and your family may not attend NAPA Centre until your local public health unit informs you and that it is safe to do so, and we will require a negative COVID-19 test dated within 3 days of the start of your intensive before you will be allowed into the clinic. For further information on NSW border restrictions, please refer to: https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19.
- If you live in Victoria or are travelling through Victoria into NSW, please see below for further restrictions and considerations that currently apply.
HOW NAPA IS RESPONDING
- Until further notice, our sickness policy now requires any child or parent experiencing any cold or flu-like symptoms to be free of symptoms for 72 hours prior to returning to therapy. Depending on your symptoms, you may also have to produce a negative COVID-19 test prior to returning to the clinic.
- We are asking that you limit each patient to two caregivers present at a time. Please avoid bringing any additional family members to NAPA, including siblings. In order to restrict total amount of people in the clinic, if you are able to arrange for your other children, and additional family or friends that not required for the care of the child attending NAPA to stay away from NAPA it will be greatly appreciated.
- We are temperature checking every individual that enters NAPA, every day. Our temperature checks are contactless but are a necessary additional precaution we need to take. Anyone with a temperature over 37.5 degrees will be asked not to enter NAPA.
- We are wearing facemasks during therapy sessions and in all client facing interactions. Your child will not be required to wear a facemask during their sessions, but we ask that all parents, visitors and carers to wear a facemask if you are planning on going onto the therapy floor or participating in the session. If you choose not to wear a face masks, we ask that you remain in the parent’s lounge area. Please bring along your own facemasks as NAPA is unable to provide them. Alternativle, we have dispoable facemasks available for purchase at reception for $1 each.
- Your therapists are being extra vigilant to ensure every mat, bench, toy, and piece of equipment used during your child’s session is clean and safe to use. We appreciate your assistance too during the session if you can, so your child minimises missing therapy time.
- We have many smaller treatment rooms in our new clinic and will spread out accordingly. Please note that smaller rooms may have limits on the amount of people that can be in them at the one–time so we ask for your assistance in abiding by these rules. Staff will carefully plan and manage where they will run your child’s session in the NAPA clinic. We ask you to kindly respect their decision on this.
- Any staff member who is ill or shows symptoms of being ill will be sent home and will need to be free of symptoms for 72 hours prior to returning to the clinic. This may affect some schedules and we ask for your understanding at this time.
- We are disinfecting all clinic areas with hospital-grade cleaner regularly through the day and have scheduled additional cleaning sessions by our professional cleaning company.
CURRENT ADDITIONAL RESTRICTIONS ON TRAVELLERS FROM VICTORIA
With the current outbreak of COVID-19 in Victoria, NAPA is closely following the advice of NSW Health and recommends that all Victorian families strongly consider cancelling or postponing their intensives. As the situation is changing rapidly, Services NSW may have provided some inconsistent information directly to NAPA families in regards to travel, and as such, they cannot guarantee that you will be able to enter NSW which means you may be turned away at the border.
NAPA Centre is an Allied Health organisation and is not defined as a ‘medical institution’, so exemptions for travel into NSW may not apply to your child’s intensive. NAPA have no control over how we are defined, or how your application may be assessed. Please refer to the following link: https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/covid-19/Pages/victorian-travellers-exemptions.aspx
As NAPA has many vulnerable children coming into the clinic every day, should Victorian families still wish to travel to NAPA for their intensive and you successfully apply for an exemption, the following restrictions for attendance will continue to apply until further notice:
- You must be able to demonstrate that you have self-isolated for 14-days in the lead up to your intensive start date. As per NSW Health regulations, this isolation period should be conducted AFTER you have crossed the NSW border.
- You must produce a negative COVID-19 test for each member of your travelling party, whether or not they are coming to NAPA with you each day. This test result must be valid within 3 days of the start of the intensive, provided by a NSW testing clinic.
- You must provide medical clearance from your regular doctor to attend the intensive.
If any other Australian States have travel restrictions announced by the NSW government, this policy will also apply. We will review this policy periodically and hope to remove it once Victoria’s levels of community transfer fall back in line with those of NSW.
IF RESTRICTIONS ARE ENFORCED IN NSW
If the COVID-19 situation changes in NSW and allied health services are advised to close for face-to-face appointments, we will be in touch with any family directly affected. NAPA may have the ability to run telehealth sessions for some children.
CANCELLATION POLICY DURING COVID-19
Please note that we will be flexible where possible and waive cancellation fees for intensives if they are canceled beyond your control or if travel restrictions prohibit you from coming to NAPA. Whilst NAPA is open and travel is possible, we may still charge normal cancellation fees if you cancel within 21 days of the start of your intensive, when you have made the optional decision to cancel. We understand these are very challenging times, however we ask for your understanding and co-operation with these conditions so we can continue operating our clinic during these times. Please consider all aspects of how travel is being affected during Covid, including the potential need for you to isolate ahead of your intensive or afterwards.
If you pay a deposit or further amounts for a intensive that is affected by a COVID closure or by state/international travel restrictions or quarantines, we will work with you to reschedule your intensive for a later date when things have settled down (subject to availability). Please note that there are no guarantees, as this will be reliant on a suitable space being available for your child at a later date. Any payments you have made will be held in credit until a time at which you can utilise them, minus any cancellation fees that may still be applicable if you have not given us adequate notice.
If we are unable to find a suitable place for your child at a later date, you may request a refund for any payments made. As noted above, a cancellation fee may apply if you have not givcen us adequate notice and a refund fee of 3% of your payment will be applicable should you request a refund.
CHAT TO US
We will continue to keep you updated as any new information around travel and health restrictions for COVID-19 becomes available and will update this web page as current circumstances and advice changes.
If you are concerned about whether you can still attend your upcoming intensive, please contact us directly via email@example.com to discuss your options.
Thank you for your support to keep all our NAPA family happy and healthy!