Location and getting here
NAPA Brisbane is located on Level 1 at 31 Commercial Drive, Shailer Park QLD 4128. NAPA Brisbane is located off the Pacific Highway (M1) which runs between Brisbane and the Gold Coast. We do recommend you drive to NAPA if possible, as the centre location has limited public transport options through the day (see below transport section).
- From Brisbane – If you are travelling southbound from Brisbane, take the Bryant’s Rd Exit (Exit 28) off the Pacific Highway/M1.
- From the Gold Coast – If you’re travelling northbound from the Gold Coast, take the Bryant’s Rd Exit (Exit 28) off the Pacific Highway/M1 and drive into Mandew St. Then turn into Mungaree Drive, followed by Commercial Drive.
The car park is on street level around the front of the building. Please drive through the first part of the car park (blue zone) and head to the front of the building where you will see that NAPA car bays are marked with our logo (green zone). Once you have parked, head into the main foyer entrance marked with our logo and we are located on the right hand side - either up the stairs or by using the lift.
What are the opening hours of the clinic?
The clinic is open for appointments on weekdays for the following hours:
- Monday: 8am - 3.30pm
- Tuesday: 8am - 4.30pm
- Wednesday: 8am - 4.30pm
- Thursday: 8am - 4.30pm
- Friday: 8am - 3.30pm
Our NAPA Clinics have been designed to make you feel comfortable as we know that you may be spending alot of time with us! Our clinic features:
- Bathroom facilities including some cubicles with hand rails for easy access.
- Disabled Bathroom
- Change room - which is fitted with an electric change table. Please bring along your own nappies and wipes to suit your child's needs.
- Sanitiser Stations - are located throughout the clinic and we encourage you to routinely sanitise yours and your children's hands throughout your visit.
- Parent's Lounge - a secluded area that parents and family members can hang out before, after or during sessions. There are tables and workspaces available as well as kitchen facilities.
- Kitchen Facilities - including fridges, microwaves, sink, sandwich press, coffee making facilities etc. Our kitchens should have most of your needs covered including plates, bowls, glasses and cutlery. Please only bring along specific items that you may need.
- Vending Machine - our Parent's Lounge features vending machines with a range of snacks and drinks.
- Coffee and Tea Facilities - We have Zip taps to give you access to instant Boiling water and provide instant coffee, tea (green and black), milo and hot chocolate, along with sugar. We have Aldi branded coffee machines for use so you can either bring along your own Aldi capsules or purchase them from our front desk.
- Wifi facilities - Wifi is available for use throughout the clinic. Please see signage in parents lounge for passwords.
- Free Parking - Our clinic has ample free parking available out front in NAPA marked spots.
NAPA Brisbane is located along the M1/Pacific Highway so is easily accessible no matter where you live or stay. There are hundreds of accommodation options in Brisbane (20 minute drive) or Gold Coast (25-40 minute drive) which you can access via all major accommodation booking sites.
If you are looking for options closer to NAPA Brisbane, then we have the following closeby suggestions:
- Logan City Motor Inn
126 Springlands Drive, Slacks Creek
(07) 3209 7925
This is the closest accommodation option to NAPA being only 1.7km away (3 minutes). They have Standard rooms, twin room, family rooms and family rooms (with disability access). Very reasonable rates.
- McNevins Logan
4170 Pacific Highway, Loganholme
(07) 3209 8830
Located 7kms from NAPA (7 minute drive) and has reasonably priced family rooms, standard rooms, deluxe rooms and full apartments available. This is described as a Resort Style Motel and has tennis court, swimming pool, spa as well as guest laundry room and BBQ facilities. When booking, please quote NAPA and you will be given a further discount on your intensive stay.
- Springwood Tower Apartments
9 Murrajong Road, Springwood.
(07) 3387 7000
Located 8kms from NAPA (8 minute drive)
These are fully contained apartments with kitchen and laundry facilities. This complex features underground parking, gym, sauna and BBQ area and some on-site restaurants and gaming lounge. They have 1, 2 and 3 bedroom options that can sleep up to 6 people. To reserve, email firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure you get the best rate or if using the website use the promo code 'Corporate Rate Online'.
- Brisbane Holiday Village
10 Holmead Road, Eight Mile Plains QLD 4113
(07) 3341 6133
Located 14kms from NAPA (15 minute drive) this is a holiday park that has various options available for you including cabins, caravans, glamping, camping spots and short term accomodation (1, 2 and 3 bedroom options). This is described as a Resort Style Park and has tennis courts, swimming lagoon, kiddies splash pool with water fountains, 18 hole mini golf course, sports field, children's playground as well as guest laundry room and BBQ facilities.
- Mt Cotton Retreat
355 W Mount Cotton Road, Mount Cotton
0418 745 167
This is located 9.7kms from NAPA and is a 12 minute drive. They have 1 x 2 bedroom cottage with laundry and cooking facilities and book the site on a weekly basis.
- Quest - Eight Mile Plains
1 Clunies Ross Court, Eight Miles Plains, QLD 4113
07 3736 2800
This is located 13.1 kms from NAPA and is a 14 minute drive. They have studio, one bedroom and two bedroom options with laundry and kitchen facilities. Email: email@example.com
- Gloria Springwood Apartments
14 Carol Ave. Springwood QLD 4127
07 3387 6000
This is located 7.5 kms from NAPA and is a 9 minute drive. They have King single rooms or self contained units available that feature with laundry and full kitchen facilities. There is secure underground parking, pool and gym onsite. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For all of the above, we recommend you look carefully at the options to ensure that they meet the needs of your child. Letting them know in advance that you are travelling with a disabled child may help them reserve the most appropriate room for your family’s needs. It is also worthwhile to check that they have special parking, bath access and laundry facilities.
Can I get any assistance with my travel costs?
The Patient Travel Subsidy Scheme (PTSS) provides financial assistance for patients who are referred to specialist medical services not available at their local public hospital or health facility. Eligible patients are able to apply for a subsidy to assist with travel and accommodation costs of accessing specialist medical services.
Patients approved for PTSS will receive a subsidy to attend the closest public hospital or health facility where the specialist medical treatment is available. Patients travelling to access private specialist services may be eligible for a subsidy if the service is not available within 50 kilometres of the patient's closest public hospital or health facility. The Scheme is Queensland Government funded and administered through Queensland Health. It aims to support Queenslanders to access specialist medical treatment wherever they live in the state. We have had some NAPA families successfully apply for funding through this scheme.
For more information and to check if your family is eligible for funding assistance, please haed to this website: www.qld.gov.au/health/services/travel/subsidies
The suburb of Shailer Park is serviced by Logan City Bus Service, routes: 555, 560, 562, 563, 565, 570, 572, 573, 574 and 575. The drop off point for most of these services is the Hyperdome Shopping Centre. The Hyperdome Bus Interchange is located on the eastern side of the Centre in the carpark outside Entry 1 near Kmart. Bus details are available by phoning Translink on 13 12 30 or by visiting www.translink.com.au.
Black & White Cabs and Yellow Cabs both service the Shailer Park area.
Bookings can be made by telephoning Black & White Cabs on 131 008 or visit www.blackandwhitecabs.com.au or Yellow Cabs on 131 924 or visit www.yellowcab.com.au.
Food and Shopping
There are no food options located at the NAPA clinic, with the closest facilities being the Hyperdome Shopping Centre which is located across the road (but probably a 5-10 walk or 1 minute drive) from the clinic. We suggest you bring along your food needs including lunch and snacks with you on the day.
- Hyperdome Shopping Centre - Is located across the road and is home to major stores Coles, Woolworths, Aldi, Big W and Kmart. They have many food outlets located within the shopping centre and on the outskirts, including a restaurant precinct called the Piazza and drive through Hungry Jacks. They have great entertainment facilities as well including Event Cinemas, Zone Bowling and Chipmunks Playland. For more info, visit: hyperdomeshopping.qicre.com
- Hyperdome Home Centre - is located outside the shopping centre and includes many of your bulky goods needs including Bunnings, Officeworks, BCF, Rebel Sport and Autobarn.
- Logan/Springwood - is located a short drive away and has many fast food outlets and an IKEA!
- Westfield Mt. Gravatt - is located a 15 minute drive north from the clinic and has all the major stores including Coles, Woolworths, Aldi, Target, Kmart and Myer, as well as a great dining and entertainment precinct that includes Event Cinemas, Zone Bowling, Timezone and Garden City Library. For more, visit: www.westfield.com.au/mtgravatt
Our Brisbane clinic is located a short 15-20 minute drive from most of the famous Gold Coast theme Parks so you can turn your NAPA intensive into something truly special!
Village Roadshow have provided exclusive access for NAPA clients to their partner page which includes discounts on theme park entry (Movie World, Sea World, Wet 'n Wild), Sea World Resort, Paradise Country, Top Golf and Australian Outback Spectacular. Families can visit themeparks.com.au/partner
and book directly online to receive the discount.
How do I register interest for weekly appointments for the Brisbane Clinic?
How can I apply for a role at NAPA Brisbane?
We are always looking for great team members to add to our clinic team. This includes Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, and Speech Pathologists with a interest in paediatrics and the disability sector. If you are interested in applying or just want to have a chat, head over to the careers page of this website and complete an expression of interest form and make sure you select NAPA Brisbane as your clinic of interest. Please note that for Queensland based applicants, our induction and training program will need you to be available to come to our Sydney or Melbourne clinics for a period of at least 1 month to get the full NAPA Therapist Training experience.